Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Toshiba Satellite L675 heating issues/cooling fan?

Toshiba Satellite L675 heating issues/cooling fan?

I wish anyone of you guys have the same laptop that I am using, Toshiba Satellite L675. Am using it from couple of years and never had any issue with the same. But recently I started getting problems like overheating and laptop just donít want to boot. My fan seems ok, there is no problem with it but still I get the cpu temp around 50 to 55%. Is that ok for a laptop where I donít play any games or so? It is just for working. Few of my friends told me that bios update can fix this problem but I want some techie suggestion. Could you guys please help me out here? Any help will be appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Toshiba Satellite L675 heating issues/cooling fan?

Well dude I am not having the same model but I have a Toshiba lappy too that has given me the same problem. There are many of my friends as well that faced the same problem. Anyways, your friend who said to update the BIOS was correct. If your fan is OK than bios update can surely fix the issue. Just update the bios and let me know if you still get the same problem. Simultaneously I would also suggest you to clean CPU heat sink and cooling fan. If you donít know how to do it in laptops, get help from your friends or some technical guy.

Quote Originally Posted by krutart View Post
    Anyways, your friend who said to update the BIOS was correct. If your fan is OK than bios update can surely fix the issue. Just update the bios and let me know if you still get the same problem. Simultaneously I would also suggest you to clean CPU heat sink and cooling fan. If you don’t know how to do it in laptops, get help from your friends or some technical guy.
    Hey, thanks a lot for the quick solution friend. As I said am not a techie guy, could you please make me know from where can I download the required BIOS update. Also how to update ? Thanks again.

yes sure. You can download the same from here. http://df.toshiba.com/sk3jv130.exe For updating the BIOS, simply run this file. If you get prompt for a floppy, you can use a formatted 1.44MB 3.5 inch floppy disk. No matter it is blank or not as the data will be overwritten on the drive. Make sure the data in the floppy is not so important for you.

Hey, even I would like to give some basic suggestions that will make your laptop keep cool. If you use it on bed or you place it on your legs while sitting on chair can cause cooling problems. While using your laptop in such ways, you just need to ensure that you are not blocking that laptopís fans or vents. Because using it on bed or chair (thighs) surely blocks the fans.