Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: My email is sending a lot of spams what to do

My email is sending a lot of spams what to do

I am using Thunderbird in my system and from past few weeks people are complaining about spams that are sending through my email. I had not yet done anything from my end.

I want some help here to stop this thing. Because of this many has added my email in the spam box. So even if I am sending official emails it is going in the spam box. I am using Gmail id here.

From past few days I had seen that my emails is getting misused. I had not shared my password with anyone so there are no chances that someone is using the same.

Re: My email is sending a lot of spams what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
    I am using Thunderbird in my system and from past few weeks people are complaining about spams that are sending through my email. I had not yet done anything from my end.

I want some help here to stop this thing. Because of this many has added my email in the spam box. So even if I am sending official emails it is going in the spam box. I am using Gmail id here.

From past few days I had seen that my emails is getting misused. I had not shared my password with anyone so there are no chances that someone is using the same.
    Sometime it happens that your emails is being used as spam due to some kind of hijacking done through your email. It can also be done through malware. You will have to check that in your pc. You can scan your system with good anti-malware software so that it can be wiped out.

For some time try to use the online version of Gmail and see that whether is works well or not. If still others are getting spam through your email then you have to contact Google for the same. You can report them about the issue and checkout if there are any settings causing the issue.

Re: My email is sending a lot of spams what to do

This is also done when your email is spoofed. It is very common that you can get spam emails, but if your email is sending spam then it means it is a serious issue.

There are two possibilities. First your password is leaked. You have to modify that first. And second you are having a malware as it is mentioned above. You will need to remove the mail client from you system and try some other one. Like you can use Outlook also that would help. Spoofing email address is very common if you have any important position in your company.