Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Intel Compute Stick for media streaming on HDTV

Intel Compute Stick for media streaming on HDTV

Intel released Compute Stick a portable pc solution. The cost of this Intel Compute Stick is around Rs.10000 I think. I am trying to find a bit more information on the performance and on the output of the same. Before this I was looking for a portable pc that can help me to carry it with me. But they lack a good storage output so you cannot just use them with anything. It is a kind of huge pain. For portable pc also the hardware matters a lot.

I want to know that does Intel Compute Stick is capable of streaming HD videos and also support file sharing?

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Intel Compute Stick for media streaming on HDTV

Intel Compute Stick comes loaded with Windows 8 and Ubuntu OS. You can go with the Windows version so that you can get all benefits of Windows. This portable pc is good enough for your day to day usage.

The stick is powered by quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F Bay Trail processor. And has a 2GB RAM. You can also use a memory card on the same to extend its storage. By default it comes with 8GB storage on the same. So this would be a nice and instant solution for you to have your small pc wherever you want. But it is costly.

Re: Intel Compute Stick for media streaming on HDTV

I found the model really impressive. This portable pc is having a HDMI ports only. You can use it on a HDTV only or on those monitor that are having a HDMI support. Also it is not having anything for audio connection. You can connect this to a TV and run a pc on the same. I think compare to Windows the Linux version will be lot faster in usage. This stick has a full-sized usb port with an additional micro USB ports. It has wifi and Bluetooth connection also. You can connect different pc through wifi and share files through the same.