Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Are G-sync monitors better than V-Sync

Are G-sync monitors better than V-Sync

There is so much confusion when I go to buy a decent gaming monitor. At some monitor the features shows v-sync support while some shows G-Sync. As far as I had seen this things are mostly in graphic cards. Then how does they affect the monitor output.

When I searched on Google then there are this free sync and adaptive sync monitors also. What are all these things and how they help in gaming. I am quiet confused here. I cannot find proper way to differentiate among this monitor features. I had tried looking on web but can't find a proper comparison.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Are G-sync monitors better than V-Sync

Quote Originally Posted by Omair View Post
    There is so much confusion when I go to buy a decent gaming monitor. At some monitor the features shows v-sync support while some shows G-Sync. As far as I had seen this things are mostly in graphic cards. Then how does they affect the monitor output.

When I searched on Google then there are this free sync and adaptive sync monitors also. What are all these things and how they help in gaming. I am quiet confused here. I cannot find proper way to differentiate among this monitor features. I had tried looking on web but can't find a proper comparison.
    V-Sync is the most common one you will see when it comes to different gaming monitor features. The difference lies with Sync. V-sync is quiet old here. It is also found that this cause many annoying issue in gaming. Like screen tearing. And it is very common in vsync due to FPS problem. Adaptive V-Sync is by Nvidia that is to improve the output by unlocking the fps. And on the same hand it also gives you a lot more improvement in the performance. And G-Sync is also by NVIDIA. But it works for some games only.

zeddo

Re: Are G-sync monitors better than V-Sync

Here Gsync is very much similar to adaptive-sync. Different NVIDIA graphics cards bring different features and will give you a better gaming output. Here when it comes to G-sync you get a lot more improved over the latency. And this simply remove screen tearing problem by syncing refresh rates.

So it means lot more better graphics card. So there are some monitor that comes with G-Sync module. So here this are different things that you can go for. I think you must go with the most common one so that all gpu supports the same . Or else there would be confusion.