Thread: Graphic card advice for a Windows 8 HTPC system

Graphic card advice for a Windows 8 HTPC system

HTPC are the best thing you can have in your living room. I think it would be ideal to have a PC and connecting that to HDTV allow to have more control. Because it works really well.

Now HTPC mostly rely on the onboard graphics. What if someone wants to add a graphic card on the same. I want to know which graphic card will fit really well on the same. Because here the gpu that is used on a HTPC will definitely not the same that we are using on gaming PC. Here only a good screen resolution matters the most. Nothing else.

So what card will be the best one?

Re: Graphic card advice for a Windows 8 HTPC system

That is right, when it comes to HTPC you have to use a more budget gpu and you don't have to spend much on the same. One card that I know will work really well on your system is Asus ATI Radeon HD6450. This one is a pretty decent card that simply work well of a HD TV support.

Card features are fine and it would be great to have this one for your day to day multimedia usage. On this you can enjoy your favorite movies on a very widescreen. The card comes with 625MHz core clock. And it a 1GB DDR3 memory will be more than enough.

Re: Graphic card advice for a Windows 8 HTPC system

Yes for a HTPC you need a budget gpu. You don't have to worry much about the output here.

There are many cards you can go with. Like GTX 750 TI. I think this would be a great one for those who want to setup a simple HTPC. This card works on low power as HTPC are not having much space for big size psu. The card also supports some games like Farcry 4. You can play this on your HDTV.

There is another card that falls in the same category and it is EVGA GeForce 8400 GS. This one is also nice and offer you different types of connectivity like DVI, HDMI and VGA.