Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Micromax FunBook VS HCL MeTab U1

Micromax FunBook VS HCL MeTab U1

In the war of low cost tablet pcs, especially in India, I decided to compare the best 2 Tabs according to me, which are HCL MeTab U1 and Micromax FunBook. Both these tabs running on Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich and were launched last week within gap of 2 days. Other similarities between these tabs are their screens. Both feature a 7inch capacitive touchscreens tablet that offers 800 x 480. There is a slight difference in prices, Funbook is available at the price of 6,499 INR whereas MeTab U1 costs you little high, 7,999 INR.

Apart from the difference in price, there are many more differences that make Micromax Funbook better than HCL as per me. The main drawback in MeTab i can say is that there is no access of Android Market or Google Play, whereas Funbook provide the access for the same. This means, HCL MeTab users won’t have access to millions of Apps available for Android users. But HCL users will get access to HCL SlideMe Appstore.

From another point of view, MeTab is meant for the students. People get free educational applications and NCERT books. While Funbook is meant for Multimedia. It gives access to 100s of movies, sound tracks, Video clips, video games and great applications. But the reason i like Funbook is it is not limited with just multimedia apps. Just like HCL Metab, even Micromax fives access to 500 different course materials from various content publishers through an educational content marketplace known as Vriti. Users will need to buy these contents at the price of 50 to 1000 INR.

As far as the hardware is concerned HCL is behind here as well. However both these tabs run on 512 MB DDR3 RAM, Where Funbook Tab is powered with 1.2 GHz ARM A8 processors, HCL MeTab just has 1 GHz processor. But still there are possibilities to make HCL as well with 1.2 GHz but you’ll need to overclock the same. Another difference in hardware is the battery, here MeTab score higher with the 3600 mAh whereas Funbook has just 2800 mAh battery. In rest of specs, both tablets are same. You get VGA front facing camera, HDMI, USB ports and Wifi support. Both lacks with the 3G network.

As per the availability, you can buy Micromax Funbook sitting right at your home by going online. You can order it from MicroMax’s shopping portal or even from Nimbuzz official site. At the same time i doubt that HCL MeTab is limited to fewer stores. As i said above as well, i vote for Funbook because Micromax offers various choice while HCL's tablet limits the choices.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Micromax FunBook VS HCL MeTab U1

Check out the specs difference in both tabs:

Micromax Funbook:

• Android 4.0
    • 7-inch display with 800x480p resolution
    • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
    • 512MB RAM
    • Mini-HDMI
    • 2800 mAh battery
    • 1.2GHz Cortex-A8 single core processor
    • Price: 6500/-

HCL MeTab U1:

• Android Ice Cream Sandwich
    • 1GHz processor
    • 7-inch capacitive display with a resolution of 800◊480 pixels.
    • 512MB of RAM,
    • 4GB of internal memory
    • front facing camera,
    • USB port,
    • mini USB port
    • micro SD card slot.
    • 3600 mAh battery
    • Price: 7999/-

Re: Micromax FunBook VS HCL MeTab U1

I think obviously Micromax's Funbook wins this verses fight with HCL because it is the one best selling budget Android tablet this year. It is also proved with the launch of various Funbook editions such as:
    • Funbook
    • Funbook Alpha
    • Funbook Infinity
    • Funbook Pro
    • Funbook Talk