Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to switch from KDE 4 to Fluxbox on Backtrack 5

Unable to switch from KDE 4 to Fluxbox on Backtrack 5

It is said in this website or you can choose between cash flow Kd4, but have not found a way to change, although I have looked everywhere. I had the opportunity to change the cash flow with ease BackTrack 4 R2 with a tool known as a dragon, or just want to know how to reverse this action is not a substitute 5.if can also get the version of your solution. If anyone knows how to make this possible, reply to this thread

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Unable to switch from KDE 4 to Fluxbox on Backtrack 5

Well one thing that I want you to remember here is nothing but if you use dragon and installed the GNOME version of the inverse of 5 back to fluxbox gnome should change. Xinit manually. I'm not really in the way of thinking, so do not know how to change kde and fluxbox on the back to clear my doubt 5.Anyone. Above steps are really helpful to change from one state to another. But I've heard of GNOME and fluxbox change.

Re: Unable to switch from KDE 4 to Fluxbox on Backtrack 5

Well if you will ask me than I have recently downloaded the backtrack 5 on my system. And when I decided to switch from the kde to flusbox on backtrack 5 and found some steps that really helped me to do the same
    apt-get installs fluxbox
    echo exec startfluxbox > ~/.xinitrc
    Restart
    I am sure that the above steps will definitely help you to solve the issue that you are facing and also will take care that it will not occur in future.