Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Xiaomi Mi 4i vs Xiaomi Mi 4 Comparison Review

Super Moderator

Xiaomi Mi 4i vs Xiaomi Mi 4 Comparison Review

Recently Xiaomi launched 'Mi 4i', a compact version of its Flagship Xiaomi Mi4. Although the new Xiaomi Mi 4i is compact, but it is still powerful enough to compete many other flagship devices in the market. We will check out how it is better than other smartphones in the same price range of Rs. 12,999 but before that, let's find out how is Xiaomi Mi 4i different from Xiaomi Mi 4. Here are the comparison points between both these devices.

Operating System:

Both Xiaomi Mi 4i and Mi4 comes out of the box with MIUI 6. However, as Mi4 was launched long ago, it's OS version is Kitkat 4.4.3 while Mi 4i is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. But i dont think that's going to make huge difference because the latest MIUI Lollipop updated will be released soon for Mi4 as well. After it is a Flagship and also not too old.

Display and Packaging:

Talking about display, both devices features a 5 inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass protection and offers 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution with 441 PPI. However, there could be small differences like OGS Glass in Mi4 but that doesn't matters lot, again.

Talking about packaging and design, being a Flagship phone, Xiaomi Mi4 is built with polished stainless steel material, while Mi 4i (being affordable compact version) is packed with polycarbonate plastic. It is also not too bad because you getting a powerful smartphone at affordable price and these plastic material is also used in several other smartphones. So, unless you drop the phone from your chest height, nothing is going to happen to Mi 4i body.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Super Moderator

Re: Xiaomi Mi 4i vs Xiaomi Mi 4 Comparison Review

Processing Power:

Xiaomi Mi 4 is no doubt a powerhouse but Mi 4i on the other hand is also not a weak link for Xiaomi. While Xiaomi has powered Mi4 with 2.5Ghz Quad-core MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 Processor, the new Mi4i is powered with Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( 4 x 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor. So, it is still yet powerful to carry out all your day to day tasks, entertainment and gaming comfortably.

Another benefit of Mi4i is its 64-bit architecture. You get better RAM management with 64bit processor, and that also Snapdragon 615. Not bad at all.

Memory:

Both devices are too good with provided memory. Xiaomi Mi 4 has 3GB of RAM, while Mi4i comes with 2GB of RAM. Mi4 is clearly too good for multitasking with such huge memory, still Mi4i is not bad at all with 2gig.

As per storage, Mi4 comes in two variants, 16GB and 64GB internal memory. While Mi4 comes with only 16GB storage. Unfortunately, none of these have SD card slot, which means you cannot expand the memory. This being said, with Mi4i you may feel storage shortage.

Xiaomi Mi 4i vs Xiaomi Mi 4 Specifications Comparison:

Xiaomi Mi 4i
    Xiaomi Mi 4
    Price: Rs. 12,999 /- Rs. 17,999 /-
    Operating System: MIUI 6 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS with MIUI v6 flavor
    Display: 5 inch Full HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla glass protection 5 inch FHD IPS LCD OGS One Glass Solution Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution with 441 PPI 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution with 441 PPI
    Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( 4 x 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor 2.5Ghz Quad-core MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 Processor
    RAM: 2GB of RAM 3GB of RAM
    GPU: Adreno 405 GPU Adreno 330
    Storage Memory: 16 GB internal memory 16GB & 64GB Internal Storage
    Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS 3G HSPA+, 4G LTE connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac Dual-band ( 2.4/5Ghz ), WiFi Hotspot, WiFi Direct, DLNA, GPS
    Rear Camera: 13 Megapixel rear camera with 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture and two-tone LED flash 13 Megapixel rear camera with dual LED Flash with Sony BSI Sensor, 1/3” sensor size, 1.12m pixel size
    Front Camera: 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens 8 Megapixel front facing Camera
    Battery: 3120mAh battery 3080mAh Lithium Ion Battery

Super Moderator

Camera:

Xiaomi Mi 4 comes with 13 Megapixel rear camera with dual LED Flash with Sony BSI Sensor, 1/3 sensor size, 1.12m pixel size and an 8 Megapixel front facing Camera. While Mi 4i sports a 13 Megapixel rear camera with 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture and two-tone LED flash and 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens.

Both are good in camera, however, Mi4 gives you an extra feature of 'First shoot, then Focus' where you can focus the object after capturing it.

Battery:

Mi4i comes with 3120mAh battery, which is even higher than of Mi4's 3080mAh Lithium Ion Battery

grado

I always take the lowest price of xiaomi phone.