Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V Save Game location

Grand Theft Auto V Save Game location

I need to re-install my GTA 5 as it is lagging since the beginning itself. But i want to backup my save files before doing the same. So, wanted to know where does GTA 5 saves all the progress on Windows 8.1? I searched all My Documents folders but i cannot see it anywhere, like it use to be there in earlier GTA games. Has the location changed because of Windows 8?

Is yes, please let me know what is the Save game location for GTA 5? Thank you.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Grand Theft Auto V Save Game location

Earlier GTA games used to keep the save files under Document folder until GTA 3. Since GTA 4, it was changed to another location which is under an hidden folder, AppData. So, i guess they carried the same trend for Grand Theft Auto V save games also. You must get the save files at:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA V\savegames

To reach this folder, open Windows Explorer > View > Options > Change folder and search option > View tab > Show Hidden files, folders, or drives.

Quote Originally Posted by desidude View Post
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA V\savegames

To reach this folder, open Windows Explorer > View > Options > Change folder and search option > View tab > Show Hidden files, folders, or drives.
    Appreciate your help buddy, but i know how to reach that folder. Win+R > %AppData% > Enter

@desidude I cannot see any \savegames folder in the above provided location. Instead it has settings folder?
    What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by New-Gamer View Post
    @desidude I cannot see any \savegames folder in the above provided location. Instead it has settings folder?
    What to do?
    Savegames folder when you pass atleast one save checkpoint. In other words, it will appear after you save the game atleast once.

I've heard many users see many other folders under \savegame folder. For them, you must check \savegames\user_somenumbers folder. The saves will be saved here.

I dont know which version of the game you playing. I found my save files at My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\xxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by desidude View Post
    Earlier GTA games used to keep the save files under Document folder until GTA 3. Since GTA 4, it was changed to another location which is under an hidden folder, AppData. So, i guess they carried the same trend for Grand Theft Auto V save games also. You must get the save files at:

It is like this in Windows 10 > %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\<your-id>