Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Internet Explorer 9 Error “Unable to find Locale data files. Please reinstall”

Internet Explorer 9 Error “Unable to find Locale data files. Please reinstall”

Since a long time I was using Internet explorer 8 and was happy with the same. Recently I upgraded the browser to IE9. Everything is fine but when am trying to visit 1 particular site, it gives me an error stating “Unable to find Locale data files. Please reinstall”. This error occurs only on 1 particular site. Its just a normal site, if you need I can mention it here.

The problem here is that, am just visiting a normal website, what should I re-install? Strange error. Its bit confusing. Do you guys have any idea about this error? Please share with me. Regards.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Error “Unable to find Locale data files. Please reinstall”

First of all, I would like to say that this error is not just with Internet explorer. This is very common issue that occurs on Google chrome and windows live mail as well. So, there is nothing related to that particular site, instead its just the browser problem. Many times reinstallation of the browser fix this error. Did you tried opening the same site on another browser ? try it, am sure you will not get the error.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Error “Unable to find Locale data files. Please reinstall”

You are correct. Its completely browser based problem. Probably it’s the interference of addons or extensions. What you can do is go to Start, click All Programs, than Accessories than go to System Tools and click on Internet Explorer (with no add-ons). Open that 1 particular site where you were getting the error.

If you still get that error, simply delete you browsing data, clean temporary files. In order to delete internet files, open command prompt and type “type %temp%”. This will open your temporary files folder. Ctrl+A and delete all files in this folder. Better Reset your browser as well.

Thank you for your solutions buddy. I’ll surely try it after few minutes as I reach to the pc. But before that, I would like to clear some doubts. Could you guys please give me step by step process to delete browsing data in Vista and how can I reset my browser?

Sure, here are steps you need to go through resetting your browser:

• Open Internet explorer
    • Click Advance
    • Click Reset
    • Click OK. Done.

To delete the files in the Temporary Internet Files, follow these steps:

• Click Start
    • click Control Panel, click Network and Internet, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then click Delete under Browsing history.
    • Click Delete all, click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information, and then click OK.