Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Micromax unveils Android 4.0 Funbook tablet for Rs 6,499

Micromax unveils Android 4.0 Funbook tablet for Rs 6,499

One more tablet added in the low cost tablet line up. Indian manufacturer Micromax has launched a new Android 4.0 ice cream Sandwich based tablet pc named as ‘Micromax Funbook’. It is one of the best ICS based low cost tablet in the country, priced at just 6,999/- INR. The tablet market is getting better day by day for the customers coz of the new completion day by day, good enough. Because if you remember, yesterday itself we give a new here about HCL launching Me Tab U1, and now Micromax's Funbook landed in the country. For more stats, in past couple of weeks, a quite high number of ICS based smartphones and tablets have been launched in India.

As per the performance and specs for Micromax FunBook , it has a 7 inches Capacitive Touch Screen with a resolution of 800×480 pixels. The screen also features multi-touch technology as well as pinch to Zoom. The device is powered by 1.2 Ghz Cortex A8 processor processor and its runs on Android 4.0 OS. Micromax Funbook Tab also features a Dual Mali-400 2D/3D GPU along with 512MB of RAM. It also provides internal storage capacity of 4GB and high speed WiFi connectivity. Furthermore, you get 0.3 megapixel front facing camera for Video calling, HDMI port, a full USB port with 3G dongle support, a mini USB port,a micro SD card slot and 2800 mAh Battery.

The best part with this tab is Micromax gifts interactive course material for CBSE students ranging from class 1 till class 12th on a 4GB MicroSD card for Rs. 799. So this Funbook even makes Study a fun with the animated videos clips, diagrams, etc... What else the users get with Micromax Funbook ? The main benefit we get with this tab is access to 600 movies, 6000 sound tracks and 400 Video clips with the latest video games, great applications. Users get inbuilt apps like Document reader apps, text editor, Adobe Flash, PDF, Youtube and many more. That’s not the end. Users can even watch their favorite show on Live TV Apps.

Funbook Specifications:
    • Android 4.0
    • 7-inch display with 800x480p resolution
    • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
    • 512MB RAM
    • Mini-HDMI
    • 2800 mAh battery
    • 1.2GHz Cortex-A8 single core processor

It’s a better deal for a Tablet with Android 4.0 ICS just for Rs. 6,999/-

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Micromax unveils Android 4.0 Funbook tablet for Rs 6,499

Hey, thanks buddy for sharing such an useful info. And i must say you are right. This could be the best deal even for me in concern of Android ICS based tablet just 7K.

Could you guys please let me know from where i can buy this ? If its available online, than will be much better. Also let me know if there is any color choices.

Thanks in advance

It can be good news for you because this tablet is available online for shopping. You can book or buy it from the Nimbuzz official site and MicroMax’s shopping portal. Same like other shopping site, they will as well deliver you the tab within 4 working days. Payment can also be made in cash on delivery. About colors, Funbook is available in 2 colors, that are Midnight Black and Slate Grey.

Its indeed a great info, Saanz. Appreciated. but i think you missed an important feature :P

Micromax Funbook even comes with 2800 mAh battery and offers talk time of 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mylife View Post
    You can book or buy it from the Nimbuzz official site and MicroMax’s shopping portal. Same like other shopping site, they will as well deliver you the tab within 4 working days.
    By saying Nimbuzz Official site, do you mean Ncarry.com ? If yes, than i have a bad experience with them. its been 9 days i have ordered a Funbook. According to the mail and sms i received, it says that the device should be delivered by 29th April but i haven't received it yet. I tried to contact them but it seems they are correct from their side, but my shipment is stuck somewhere in delivery. lets see how many days will it take more.

So far Micromax has launched so many variants in Funbook series that it has become a great confusion for me. I was thinking to buy a (budget) tablet for my kid…many people suggested me to go for Funbook, but when I checked for the same, I found various versions such as:
    Funbook
    Funbook Pro
    Funbook Alpha
    Funbook Infinity
    Funbook Talk

Now can anyone please tell me which one of these will be best for my 12 year old kid?

Those model numbers indicates their features. If we talk about Funbook Pro, it is the upgraded version of the first ever Funbook launched by Micromax about which this news is. Various Funbook was 7inch Tab with 2GB Storage, Funbook Pro is a 10inch tablet with 8GB storage. Similarly Funbook Talk indicates that you can actually talk with it like mobile phones. ANd that means you can use Sim Card in this tablet while all other Funbook version dont have SIM facility.

Anyways, as yoiu said you want Funbook for your 12 year kid, neither Talk nor Pro suits him, you must go for the "Funbook P300", which is the very fist Funbook model launched by Micromax.