Thread: How to recover deleted photo on WhatsApp

How to recover deleted photo on WhatsApp

A friend has sent me around 6 images which I have to upload on a blog. I was testing Whatsapp+ at that time. I did not really delete anything from the phone. But after installing Whatsapp+ all the data is gone. I am unable to find all the images and videos. When I tap on the picture it shows me that the image does not exist on the SD card. What to do? Please help, it was very important for me.

Re: How to recover deleted photo on WhatsApp

You can only restore if you had taken the backup of your existing data. You have to go in Settings and then you can find Backup option. There you have to select Backup the data. And then you can restore the same.

It is essential and there is no way to restore it back. You have to ask your friend back to send the pictures and then it might start working.

There is no way to recover that. It won’t be easy. I had tried a lot. There is a folder in the phone storage on in the SD Card. It is named as WhatsApp and in that there is another folder as WhatsApp images where all files are stored.

And if you had gone in that and deleted the files then there are no way you can get it back. It is right that you must have the backup to get the pictures working back again

What OS is on your phone? iOS or Android ? Anyway, you still have possibility to recover WhatsApp photos. One is backup, you can try reinstall Whatsapp on your phone, when it is reinstalling, it will ask you restore previous data in backup. However, if can't restore from backup, you need to use recovcery tool, Search Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery or Tenorshare Android Data Recovery.

I think you use Android phone, you can try to reinstall WhatsApp for your phone, it will restore backup when you install WhatsApp.

However, if you don't have backup for your phone, you can use professional Android recovery program such as Tenorshare Android Data Recovery Pro to recover WhatsApp photos from Android.

So sorry to hear that I too lost some of my memorable pics from WhatsApp but thank to WhatsApp Recovery Tool which helped me to get back the lost or deleted pics from my device.

I happened to delete piles of my important messages off my iPhone.
    I have asked Apple for help, think they may help me to get them back via iTunes or iCloud.
    However, I don't make any backups, so they have no ideas about it.
    Later, I heard iPhone Data Recovery, it scan my iPhone directly and retrieve deleted messages on iPhone easily with only 3 steps.

If you do not backup whatsapp or you have deleted photos on whatsapp for over 7 days, you can try Android Whatsapp Recovery Mac to recover the photos.
    Last edited by Offline; 26-11-15 at 09:04 PM. Reason: External links removed.

Which software works? I tried a lot but fail

Quote Originally Posted by MarinPenny View Post
    Which software works? I tried a lot but fail
    I think you can try RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery.