Thread: I think manufacturers and developers should stop innovating

I think manufacturers and developers should stop innovating

If i will consider that the phone which you have is water proof, enable to communicate with aliens as well and made of cheese and butter but still after few hours your phone runs out of breathe and as a result you are not able to make calls properly.

The coming year 2015 is very important for Samsung as the giant is going to release Samsung Galaxy S6. As Galaxy S5 was not big success and Samsung is disappointed with sales and management is also facing the chopping block. As competition is increasing day by day so in order to make it flagship stand out of the crowd Samsung has added stacks of new features. The company has claimed that the phone will be able to communicate with the dead, the phone will work underwater and space, the phone will convert into nuclear fall-out shelter, a light and also a little black dress for last minute social engagements. The company has also claimed that it will run out of battery power for fifteen minute when you leave the house.

Human tendency is we love new and original things but what if the new thing is totally stupid and totally different from any other thing on Earth. This is actually true in the world of technology for example, Jaded tech bloggers are so bored that the faintest sign of something which is little different make them more excited. I have said such phrases in order to explain you about the obvious dead ends such as Google Glass.

Re: I think manufacturers and developers should stop innovating

Letís talk about two recent devices Sony Xperia Z3 and Samsung Galaxy Gear. As everyone know Xperia Z3 has done the entire task brilliantly and can last for 2 days in single charge. Samsung Galaxy Gear has the ability to control helicopters and can also translate your dogís woofs into editable text but what if your battery got drained after six seconds. So donít assume that New is always same as good.

I would request to Smartphone manufacturers to follow their lead and if you want to add all type of magical features please does it after you have sorted out the basics thing. We are in the year 2014 and my does not last for one full day without charging. According to me the problem is that genuine useful improvements donít come out from specs sheet. If Samsung has made Galaxy S6 with the same feature which S5 was having just backed up with good battery which can last for three days.

This only one change according to me can make a huge difference and attract majority of users. But apart from this Samsung things that it will not bring any publicity or increase any sales so they will add a fish detector, may be a sensor which will predict when you are going to sneeze and may be add a projector that can display holographic images of the Scorpions. They thing that if we add these feature it will get more publicity and more sales as well.

After adding more and more such features will make the phone less active to do the basic thing. For example, the ultra-HD screen sucks the battery life and also rendering improvements in battery. The extra hardware which is attractive to some people increases the likelihood of conflicts, bugs etc.

Re: I think manufacturers and developers should stop innovating

I will give you a good example Amazon Fire Phone where the firms getting it wrong. If you will see paper you will feel the phone is equipped with Amazon marketing muscle, Android strength and great 3D interface. But in real the phone was as good as chocolate toaster and now the company is also admitting it. The manufacturer has concentrate so much on fake 3D screen and the ability to point anything and buy it on Amazon that they just forgot to make a device that people can actually use it.

You must have heard of Mazlowís Hierarchy of Needs it is psychological theory that has mentioned human priorities based on their importance food, shelter, sex, Wi-Fi etc. So my request is our smartphone manufacturer should also thing in same way and start with reception, battery life and cost. They should also concentrate on facial recognition, voice control, mobile payments and a bell which rings if someone called.

I am not against innovation of course it has its place but that place is after you have provided decent battery life, performance and reception at a very decent price. Why the user should sacrifice their basic needs for such gimmicks which they will not even use.

I also want to know what is your opinion regarding this. What you think is correct please post your feedback in comments box.