Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nexus 5 vs Nexus 6 Comparison Review

Nexus 5 vs Nexus 6 Comparison Review

In today’s Android market Nexus 5 is one of the best device which is available in Android when we come to cost and performance. Now, as Google has launched the successor Nexus 6 with all new Android 5.0 Lollipop , in below guide we do the healthy comparison between Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 in order to reach the conclusion whether it is worth upgrading or not. Let’s have a look at both these devices.

Design:

Nexus 6 is matching in terms of look to Moto X(2014) now with a bigger frame. The screen size of the phone is 5.96-inch, the camera is pretty much similar to earlier one with the flash and sensor. As the body is big so the volume and lock buttons have slid further down towards the middle. Nexus 6 has flashy aluminum bezels and dual front-facing speakers as compare to Nexus 5 “neutral” look.

Display:

Nexus 6 has QHD display with 2560 x 1440 screen resolution where in Nexus 5 it was Full HD display with 1920 x 1080 screen resolutions. So I can Nexus 6 is sitting on top in terms Android resolution like other phone LG G3 and Oppo Find 7. The bid display of Nexus 6 has pixel-per-inch count which is very modest upgrade on Nexus 5. Nexus 6 has 493 ppi which is more as compared to Nexus 5 445 ppi. You can only feel the difference of the screen while playing games and watching HD content so you can experience Nexus 6 increased resolution.

Performance:

If we talk about the performance Nexus 6 has Quad-core Snapdragon 805 chip with 2.7 Ghz processor. I would rather without any confusion that Nexus 6 currently has one of the strongest chipsets which is available in the market. The only area where Nexus 6 is lacking is 64-bit compatible in compare with other next gen flagships.

Only due to this it is losing its impression as compare to Nexus 5. As both the devices are running with Android 5.0 Lollipop so the performance is not that much noticeable. As of now Nexus 6 is one of the powerful device in technical specification but still in heavy loads it will be only Nexus 5.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Nexus 5 vs Nexus 6 Comparison Review

Camera:

If we have a look on Nexus 5 camera it was suffering with lot of problems so I can say Nexus device are not known for their camera. As compare to Nexus 5 8 megapixel rear camera it has been more updated and in Nexus 6 it has come with 13 megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization which will help to provide better performance. So in this way camera has become very important point to take over Nexus 5 and it has higher resolution, less noise and deeper colors.

Battery:

Nexus 5 was packed with 2,300 mAh battering which is according to me is not sufficient for high-performance device. So Nexus 6 comes with a 3,220 mAh battery which is almost 1000 millaimpere-hour more as compare to Nexus 5. Despite higher power components Nexus 6 still beats Nexus 5 in terms of battery life. According to me it can easily manage 24 hours of heavy usage with still battery left in your phone. So I can say Nexus 6 is offering better energy package if we see overall.

Price:

Nexus 6 has crossed the mid-range price trend and will be available in 649 USD which is almost double as compare to Nexus 5 which is currently available in Amazon at 349 USD. This is very huge price hike which will directly effect on the sale as the user will decide whether they want to invest in it or not.

Re: Nexus 5 vs Nexus 6 Comparison Review

As we have seen in above comparison that Nexus 6 is a improved version of Nexus 5 in almost all the areas except camera technology because it may have many problems. Without any doubt I can say Nexus 6 is superior device but many will bring their steps back because of its size and main point cost.