Thread: How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on Windows 10 Technical Preview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on Windows 10 Technical Preview

I am getting this WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR after updating Windows 10 Technical Preview to a new build. The build number is 9879 something. The installation went well. I restarted the pc and then I got this above error and the pc restarted. I am not able to figure out the reason behind this. I was just updating my system. I had not done any changes in the system at all. I think this can be some kind of serious problem.

What should I do to fix this problem?

Re: How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on Windows 10 Technical Preview

This type of error occurs when you are not having the right type of OS version on your system. Like if you are having a 32bit hardware and you are trying to install a 64bit based OS on the same. Then this error occurs. It can be also due to some incompatible drivers.

It is easy to fix the same. You just have to download the fresh driver version and run the setup. And install it. You can find the driver update on the official site. Just update the video drivers once and then test back.

Boot your pc in safe mode by hitting F8 constantly on reboot. And then launch CMD on the same.

Type chkdsk on it and let it run. This utility wills can your drive for errors and give you information it. If there are bad sectors then you might get the same thing back again. It is right that the error also occur due to damage or corrupt drivers.

You just have to find the same on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just install that and test it. The issue will get fixed.

Window 10 users often face blue screen of death errors. I faced this issue before and I tried like 5 different methods. There are several reasons that can cause this error. I cant explain every step in detail but I think anyone who is facing this issue would be able to understand or you can read this article Fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Thoroughly explained)

One of the following step will sort out the problem:

1. Disable Overclock in BIOS
    2. Fix Corrupted or Incompatible Device Drivers
    3. Uninstall any recently added Application
    4. Fix Corrupted Windows System Files
    5. Use Memory Diagnostic to fix Memory ( RAM ) Errors
    6. Scan and Check Hard Disk for errors
    7. Fix Corrupted Registry Files
    8. Restoring Windows back to an earlier point in time