Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Copying 35GB of data on lan takes 2 hours

Copying 35GB of data on lan takes 2 hours

I don't know whether this is a problem related to Windows 10 or my pc is having some issue. I have a data of 35GB. I transferred that form one internal hard drive to another. And it took around 10 to 15 minutes. Then I moved that to a LAN pc which is having Windows 7. I am moving the file from Windows 10 and it shows me 2 hour. The time keeps on fluctuating. There is no fixed time for the same. I want some help to make this thing fast. My motherboard LAN specs shows that I have a 1Gbps port.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Copying 35GB of data on lan takes 2 hours

File transfer from one internal drive to another is always fast. Because there you are on sata 3gbps or 6gbps interface. While on lan things are different. The speed depend on the switch you are using. If there are multiple pc connected and all of them are using internet then the transfer speed will get slow. You can test by updating your lan drivers or you can test that on wifi also. If the speed is still slow then there is nothing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I don't know whether this is a problem related to Windows 10 or my pc is having some issue. I have a data of 35GB. I transferred that form one internal hard drive to another. And it took around 10 to 15 minutes. Then I moved that to a LAN pc which is having Windows 7. I am moving the file from Windows 10 and it shows me 2 hour. The time keeps on fluctuating. There is no fixed time for the same. I want some help to make this thing fast. My motherboard LAN specs shows that I have a 1Gbps port.
    It is a lan driver issue. I had seen this problem while playing games. I play a lot of CS on lan. And sometime the game lags like hell. But major problems are resolved after I had done with updating the lan drivers. The speed gets more higher. For more accurate transfer you must use Teracopy. This is a free software that will allow you to transfer at a regular level without leaving the data. Even if it takes hors the software will manage the copy.

Because there you are on sata 3gbps or 6gbps interface. While on lan things are different. The speed depend on the switch you are using. If there are multiple pc connected and all of them are using internet then the transfer speed will get slow.