Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Error 0x80004005 on Surface Pro 2 while installing Windows 10

Error 0x80004005 on Surface Pro 2 while installing Windows 10

I had found a tablet edition of Windows 10 Technical Preview. I am trying to upgrade this in Surface Pro 2 tablet. But it is not working.

The installation process was fine, but on boot I am getting an error. And I got the same when I was trying to check for new build. The entire error code is Failed to check for new build, please try again later. 0x80004005.

I am not able to upgrade this thing. I want to install this properly and I keep on getting the error.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Error 0x80004005 on Surface Pro 2 while installing Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    The installation process was fine, but on boot I am getting an error. And I got the same when I was trying to check for new build. The entire error code is Failed to check for new build, please try again later. 0x80004005.
    There can be few reasons behind this type of error. It might appear on the start only when you are willing to test for a new build. And there are few reasons that will be helping.

The most common reason behind such error is a Misconfiguration in system. You have to check for that. The second most common reason appears when you are not in the admin account. You have to login in the admin and test back. Also scan your pc for malware and virus infection. Then try back.

Re: Error 0x80004005 on Surface Pro 2 while installing Windows 10

Create a new admin account in your system and check back. There might be some issue with your current account. It is essential that you must run the setup on admin account. Running System File checker will help you a little in fixing the problem. For that you have to launch cmd in admin account. Then type sfc /scannow and hit enter. This utility will try to check each and every system files and will try to replace that. It might be a slow process but it is very effective against such error.