Thread: Cannot join Home group after Windows 10 Technical Preview update

Cannot join Home group after Windows 10 Technical Preview update

I was quiet excited to upgrade my system to Windows 10 Technical Preview update. And I did that. It looks to be working properly but there is some issue when I am trying to connect to the homeroom. I am unable to figure out why it is not able to connect. I have a homeroom network which has file shared and only those who are having access with user and password can join. I have those details. But when I try to do that I am getting a error.

Re: Cannot join Home group after Windows 10 Technical Preview update

Update your lan drivers for the same. The home settings will not be configured properly if there is some issue with the lan adapter. You have to simply update the drivers and reset the settings. I am quite sure that will fix the same.

You can also try to enable and disable that from Device Manager which works most of the time. Just go in device manager and right click on the lan adapter. Disable it and enable it back again. Reboot your pc and check back.

Re: Cannot join Home group after Windows 10 Technical Preview update

Swipe form the right top of your screen and then in the search box type Troubleshooting. In that you have to select an option Network and Internet. Just click on that and then click on Home Group.

Now you will get a few troubleshooting options to fix the same. Follow them. Also right click on the lan icon in system tray and choose Diagnose. A small test will be run by Windows to identify any problem with lan connection.

Post that error here for more help.