Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Android Mobile Tips on Changing Default Ringtones, Notifications And Alarm Tone

Android Mobile Tips on Changing Default Ringtones, Notifications And Alarm Tone

There are many users those turned up to Android from Symbian and Java mobiles. Hence they feel difficulties in changing settings in their Android Mobiles like changing Alarm Tone, setting new ringtones or Notifications sounds. Hence I felt to share some tips for Android users that will surely help them. Just check out below:

Changing Message Notification Sound:

I personally felt the default SMS notification sounds in Android mobiles are too boring. Hence, if you want to change the same, follow the below steps:

• First of all go to your Message folder and click on Menu button.
    • From the menu tap on ‘Settings.
    • Now click on ‘Notifications’ (Scroll down the settings option)

• Now here under Notifications settings choose your own personalized ringtone.
    • Here you will find that option that say ‘tap to ON or disable’ but still you can choose your own ringtone to change the notification for your SMS / MSS.
    • Simply click to select and finally Tap OK to set it.

Changing Incoming Call RingTone:

• Now as we are done changing the Message Notification, here are the steps to change call ringtone.
    • Simply Tap the Menu button, go to Settings and then Sound.

• Here you will find the options where you can change Phone ringtone as well as notification ringtones. Just tap on of these and Browse the sound that you want to keep as ringtone and Tap OK.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Android Mobile Tips on Changing Default Ringtones, Notifications And Alarm Tone

Changing Alarm RingTone:

• In order to go to Alarm Settings, simply go to clock option of your mobile.
    • From the Alarm Screen, tap on ‘Alarm’to pop-up the Settings.

• Now Tap on ‘Alarm tone’ option to get the option where you can select new alarm tone.
    • Browse for the Tone you need to set simply tap on OK.
    • Here you can even change the Alarm ringtone, it is located just above the alarm tone.

Setting up a MP3 as a Call Ringtone or Assign to Contact:

You can also set any MP3 Song as ringtome as well as you can assign it to any prticaular contact. To do these just follow few simple steps:

• Play any song from your SD Card, click on Menu Button and Tap on ‘Set As’ from the options.

• You will get 3 options here as follows ‘Phone ringtone’ , ‘Caller ringtone’ and Alarm tone.
    • Now you also what is meant by these three options. Simply click on any respective options that you want to do.
    • So next time when you get the call or your particular contact calls you, you will hear your personalized ringtone.

Re: Android Mobile Tips on Changing Default Ringtones, Notifications And Alarm Tone

nice relevant post...helpful to me wen changing the default tones..

Guys, just want to share with you all, recently i have found a site (lazytone) which can create our own ringtone.

this website allow me to choose our favorite name and mix with our favorite songs using custom ringtone maker and set it as our mobile phone ringtone. Why not give it a try guys.

Wink Re: Android Mobile Tips on Changing Default Ringtones, Notifications And Alarm Tone

Nice post. It help me solve the problem !!