Thread: Unable to Map Network Drives after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

Unable to Map Network Drives after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

I am quiet not able to figure out what really happened after Windows 10 upgrade. I use to have around 3 drive map in My Computer. One among them was for storing data and the other two were having software and movies in them. Once I had done with installation of Windows 10 everything was working quiet fine. There are no errors or problem.

My audio/video is also working fine. But there is some issue with the LAN. I tried mapping the shared lan drives in my computer. But it is not working. I am even not able to find my PC on the network. I tried checking the LAN settings that looks to be proper. What should I do.

Re: Unable to Map Network Drives after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

Well this is a driver problem. You have to update your systems drivers that I think will help you a lot in fixing this issue. You can find the drivers on the basis of your motherboard manufacturer. Just search that on the web and there you have to locate the LAN drivers. Download it and install the same in your system and done and then test back.

You need to properly verify the LAN settings by putting your PC on the same work group. So that it can accept all the settings and can remain visible for other PC also. Then you can map the drives as per your need. If this also does not work then I think there is some kind of capability issue with your PC.

Re: Unable to Map Network Drives after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

Just start with simple driver update. You can try doing that by running express installation from your drive CD. Many driver CD comes with auto installation support. You have to insert that and done. Once everything is installed it will be easier for you to work. You can go in Device manager and there you can find whether your LAN adapter is having latest drivers or not.

If there any kind of warning sign or exclamation mark on the LAN adapter then it means it is not properly installed. You have to re-install that and then test the settings back. I am quite sure that will be more than enough to fix the issue and it will work well.