Thread: Cannot use OneNote on Windows 10 Technical Preview

Cannot use OneNote on Windows 10 Technical Preview

I want to know that does OneNote 2007 is compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview or not. I had installed Office 2007 and I am not able to use OneNote. It is not working. I tried to click on the icon but there is nothing on the screen. I am stuck with the issue and looking for more help on the same.

I had tried looking around on the web for solution but there is nothing mentioned related to Office 2007 compatibility with Windows 10 Technical Preview. I hope this will be working. I had not yet tested any other version because I am quiet use to the 2007 version and I am having a license copy with me. Has anyone read this.

Re: Cannot use OneNote on Windows 10 Technical Preview

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan View Post
    I want to know that does OneNote 2007 is compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview or not. I had installed Office 2007 and I am not able to use OneNote. It is not working. I tried to click on the icon but there is nothing on the screen. I am stuck with the issue and looking for more help on the same.

I had tried looking around on the web for solution but there is nothing mentioned related to Office 2007 compatibility with Windows 10 Technical Preview. I hope this will be working. I had not yet tested any other version because I am quiet use to the 2007 version and I am having a license copy with me. Has anyone read this.
    Well you can try running that on compatibility mode. As far as I know it should work. There can be some issue with your setup. There is one more thing you can do. Download Office 20078 trial from web. Install that and then test OneNote. If it works then you can activate the same using your license key.

This is going to work for sure if there are not major compatibility concern with Office edition. Or else you have to upgrade your edition and go with a more newer one. You can find the same on the web. There is Office 2010 I think that you can download and test out. Just test different edition once and try back.

Re: Cannot use OneNote on Windows 10 Technical Preview

I had tried the same thing and nothing happen. It is quite sure that Office 2007 is not compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview. I had tried re-installing the same around 10 times but it fails to work. I am going to test Office 2010 for the same.

Microsoft is going to release Office 2013 but they are not provided any detail about the release date. There is not even a trail or demo available. I am quite sure that Office 2010 will work because it is a kind of new edition and it won't have issue with Windows 10. I will post back if I get any error on the same.