Thread: No LAN connection after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

No LAN connection after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

I had done with setup of Windows 10 on my PC where I was using Windows 7 before. I want to test this new operating system on fledged. And I am having some problem with file sharing on the same. I am unable to put my PC on the LAN network. It is not at all detected.

I am not able to figure out why. The connection is proper and so the setup. But there is no connection detected. I cannot see any network icon in system tray. I thought the upgrade will be easier and I can get to use a new OS for free with all latest updates. But scenario is different here. I am having a Gigabyte board with me. Most of the drivers are installed on its own.

Re: No LAN connection after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

Quote Originally Posted by JeRrY View Post
    I had done with setup of Windows 10 on my PC where I was using Windows 7 before. I want to test this new operating system on fledged. And I am having some problem with file sharing on the same. I am unable to put my PC on the LAN network. It is not at all detected.

I am not able to figure out why. The connection is proper and so the setup. But there is no connection detected. I cannot see any network icon in system tray. I thought the upgrade will be easier and I can get to use a new OS for free with all latest updates. But scenario is different here. I am having a Gigabyte board with me. Most of the drivers are installed on its own.
    I am having that problem with my Wi-Fi connection. I had installed that on my laptop and now the wifi is not working. For getting more information about that you have to check in Device Manager. If the hardware is not properly installed then it will not work. Yet I had got not success in finding the right drivers. So I am already planning to go back on Windows 7.

In your case you can just retry to install the drivers in compatibility mode and I am quite sure it will help a lot. That will be the fastest way to resolve the issue. But if that thing is not working then you have to go back on old Windows 7 for more stability and maximum output.

zeddo

Re: No LAN connection after installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

Windows 10 is having major issue with driver updates. It is not working well with all system. In my friends this new operating system is accepting all the old drivers. None of them crashed. But in my PC I am unable to get the latest version of display drier on the same. I tried installing the old one on compatibility mode but that is not working.

The good thing I did is installed Windows 10 on different partition with Windows 7. So still I have a chance to revert back to my old OS without following the long procedure of formatting. That is a kind of less time consuming option.