Thread: Windows 10 Technical Preview compatibility issue with Avast Internet Security

Windows 10 Technical Preview compatibility issue with Avast Internet Security

I want to know that whether I am the only one who is facing this issue are there are others also. I upgraded my system to Windows 10. And now I am trying to install my entire program that I was having in Windows 7. I installed office, download managers, etc. But there is some issue with Avast Internet Security. When I try to install the same it is not working. I am unable to see its icon on the system tray.

I tried to launch it manually by clicking on the icon but still it is not working. I hope there can be some way to make this thing work. Other software is working very well. Like Photoshop, IDM, etc. But only Avast Internet Security is not working. Any help.

Re: Windows 10 Technical Preview compatibility issue with Avast Internet Security

Quote Originally Posted by Paman View Post
    I want to know that whether I am the only one who is facing this issue are there are others also. I upgraded my system to Windows 10. And now I am trying to install my entire program that I was having in Windows 7. I installed office, download managers, etc. But there is some issue with Avast Internet Security. When I try to install the same it is not working. I am unable to see its icon on the system tray.

I tried to launch it manually by clicking on the icon but still it is not working. I hope there can be some way to make this thing work. Other software is working very well. Like Photoshop, IDM, etc. But only Avast Internet Security is not working. Any help.
    Software compatibility can be some issue at the start. Windows 10 Technical Preview is the first edition that we are using and still there is more to come. So there will be bugs with much new and old software. For the time being you can try using something else. That is the reason it is always good to dual boot your PC.

So that if you face any problem with the new OS you can still go back to the old one really fast. Here you can try out AVG or any other better free antivirus which I think will be enough for the usage. You will surely get a decent output from that. If still nothing works then it will be easier to revert back on the old OS version.