Now a days many android users are searching the steps to install Cyanogen on their Android devices to increase performance and reliability of their smartphones, So I thought to share simplest and best way to do the same. Cyanogen is released for all Android-based ROMs from all known vendors and carrier including Google, T-Mobile, HTC, Samsung, Sony, etc. Hence, Cyanogen Mod differs from model to model. You need to download it particularly for you smartphone model and then follow the below steps. You can read the complete details of this MOD here. In our case, we have taken Motorola Droid 2 for the experiment.
Before installing Cyanogen:
1. Though it is the community-sourced custom ROM with that has large community technical support, in case anything goes wrong but still we should make our process safe. Hence first of all take the backupof your device before installing Cyanogen. Because installing this MOD is just equal to factory restoring. It will wipe out each and every thing from your device.
2. Your Android mobile must have been Rooted before installing this mod. If its not rooted, don’t even think of installing Cyanogen. So first root your mobile and go ahead with this process.
3. Make sure you are in a WiFI Zone and you are connected to WiFi network because during this process your device will need to download files approximately around 100 MB.
4. Ensure you have 100% charge battery because while downloading 100Mb battery may drain quickly and if your device turns off in between, it may stop working.
5. ClockworkMod Recovery and install it on your device.
6. Important: Download ROM Manager from Android Market.
7. Important: Download Cyanogen Mod 7 from here. As you can see here, there is a Huge list of devices, just click on your device model and download the mod:
In our case, as I said above, I download Mod for my Motorola Droid 2. Now, Once you are ready will all 7 stuffs mentioned above, its now time to for Cyanogen installation process. As I mentioned in the title, we are going to show you 2 methods of installing the Mod, here we start with the Rom Manager Method First.