Thread: Errors 80073712 after updating Windows 7

Errors 80073712 after updating Windows 7

Few pending updates were shown on the screen last night. I allowed my pc to install the same and clicked on shutdown. I got the message that windows will be turned off automatically when the update is installed.

But in morning when I turned on the system I am getting Errors 80073712 on the screen. I am quite sure there is no one who has touched the system. I am getting this error and I am not able to figure out how to fix it. I had tired finding out the solution for that.

Is there a way through which I can remove and re-install it?

Re: Errors 80073712 after updating Windows 7

I got the same kind of error on my system also. You have to run system restore which will help you in fixing the same. System restore will help you to restore your old settings back again. And then you can try installing fresh update back again. This will resolve the problem.

If this does not work then you have to run a full system file scan. You can run that through cmd. You have to type SFC/ scannow and hit enter on the cmd. This will start system file checker. It will automatically scan and fix the files.

Re: Errors 80073712 after updating Windows 7

You will need Windows DVD for the same that will fix the issue.

Just insert the windows DVD in your system and then type cmd in run box. In cmd you have to type E:\setup.exe. E is the DVD drive. Just type that and hit enter. You will get an installation menu on the screen. Click on Install now.

Now this will install a fresh windows copy and also it will keep your entire old file sin windows.old folder. You can get your desktop backup from the same. Just try this and this will fix a lot of issue.