Thread: Is it true that Xiaomi is sending user info to Chinese servers

Is it true that Xiaomi is sending user info to Chinese servers

I just came around a article that talk about Xiaomi devices. Before there was a news that Apple is sending all the mobile phone data to NSA. This is something new I heard recently. Some sites says that Xiaomi is secretly sending all the phone data to Chinese servers. So those who had bought the phone will have some issue with that.

What are they going to do with this? Will they sell it to companies for tele calling? I am really not able to understand that this thing is actually and what is the user of having the phone data.

Re: Is it true that Xiaomi is sending user info to Chinese servers

Quote Originally Posted by Name ? View Post
    I just came around a article that talk about Xiaomi devices. Before there was a news that Apple is sending all the mobile phone data to NSA. This is something new I heard recently. Some sites says that Xiaomi is secretly sending all the phone data to Chinese servers. So those who had bought the phone will have some issue with that.
    I had seen that news. It looks this Chinese company has gone mad. If they do this in India what most they can get is contact numbers and photos. But this is not good for user privacy. Because here the data is leaked and sent to the other servers. IT is good if you don't keep your transaction details in the phone.

Avoid using android for making payments or for fund transfer and also avoid using it for mails purpose. I hope those who had bought the phone will not having any issue with this.

Re: Is it true that Xiaomi is sending user info to Chinese servers

This can be a rumor. Xiaomi has provide some really amazing phone in the market with amazing feature. This can be applicable to all. Eleven Google is selling the Moto series which is quiet hit in India. This company might also be spying on us by sending the data on US servers. We cannot trace or stop this thing. And what the most they are going to get. Photos, videos or contacts. This can be issue for political people or for big businesses. A few leaked information can cause issue.