Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Google Play is not working on HTC One M8

Google Play is not working on HTC One M8

I am trying to add a few new games on HTC One M8 and Google Play is not working here. I had checked my internet connection which is ok. But there is some issue with Google Play. It is a bug actually.

I had installed more than 30 games on the phone and it started freezing a lot. I removed around 12 of them which were old and not needed. The phone is working well and now it is not freezing. After that when I try to download anything Google Play does not react. Before when I tap on install, in notification panel the download starts. I am also using a app killer.

Any help on this will be appreciated?

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Google Play is not working on HTC One M8

Looks like you had messed up with the Google settings due to which play store is not working. But there are few ample of solution which can help you to fix the issue. You can start with emptying the cache of Google Play store and it might start working. The process is simple. Tap on settings and go in Apps. There you have to find Google play store. Tap on that and tap on empty cache button. You can also stop and start the store back again. Just reboot your phone once and test back. It will tart working.

For more help you should check this article describing Google Play Store Errors and Solutions

Re: Google Play is not working on HTC One M8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jason View Post
    I am trying to add a few new games on HTC One M8 and Google Play is not working here. I had checked my internet connection which is ok. But there is some issue with Google Play. It is a bug actually.

I had installed more than 30 games on the phone and it started freezing a lot. I removed around 12 of them which were old and not needed. The phone is working well and now it is not freezing. After that when I try to download anything Google Play does not react. Before when I tap on install, in notification panel the download starts. I am also using a app killer.
    You have to do one thing. Here will stat with removing old updates of Google play and if this fails to work then the option left is to simply run a full factory restore. It is good if you avoid installing so many things in your phone. Just keep stuff limited. Or else your device performance will be very poor. For that go back in Setting and tap on App.

There you have to locate Google Play store. Tap on that and simply choose uninstall updates. That's it. You can now launch Play store back and check. If it does not work then backup your data and restore your phone back.