Thread: What are the chances of getting data from damage iMAC HDD?

What are the chances of getting data from damage iMAC HDD?

Is there any method through which we can get data recovered from a damage hard drive of iMAC? The system was working fine. There were few bad sectors that I ignored and this morning it completely stopped.

It is having some photos and videos which I want, but I am not able to find any of those. I want some help in recovering those files. I can boot the Mac system with other bootable media drives. Can Mac recovery work on the same?

I had not yet tired anything because I am not really aware about using the recovery much. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: What are the chances of getting data from damage iMAC HDD?

It is a hardware failure. You cannot do anything. Still you can try using some third party live cd to locate the data in drive. If the hard drive is completely dead then you will get nothing from that. You have to carry the system to apple care to get a new hard drive. That's all you can do. It is very complicated to get data from a drive which is not working. You can try contacting some data recovery services for help. I am quite sure they can provide you solution for the same. Or else you cannot do anything.

Re: What are the chances of getting data from damage iMAC HDD?

If the drive is not completely dead then there are chances that you can get the files using bootable data recovery software. There are ample of them available online.

You can try using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for the same. You can find this in WinPE bootable disk. You can create that own and I think EaseUS Data Recovery is one of the best solution. It has simple features and it also provide you advance data recovery solution.

Or else you can also used Knoppix-Based Runtime Live CD for the same.