Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Clicking noise on Dell laptop DVD drive

Clicking noise on Dell laptop DVD drive

There is a constant clicking noise on a dell laptop when I insert any DVD. This noise keeps on appearing till the DVD is inside. I use the system for watching movies and I am having lots of DVDís with me. The noise keeps on coming and sometime is quiet high. The system works well. Movie plays fine they do not crash or stop.

I want some help to fix the issue as it is very annoying. I hope there can be some way to fix the same. Does this can be resolved from a software? If not , please provide some another help. Regards.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Clicking noise on Dell laptop DVD drive

Quote Originally Posted by IndUser View Post
    There is a constant clicking noise on a dell laptop when I insert any DVD. This noise keeps on appearing till the DVD is inside.
    It can be due to some loose stuff in the optical drive. Due to which you are getting this clicking noise. Just insert a disc cleaner and test. This disc cleaner might help you. The tray has a motor that rotates the disc. And if the drive is not fitted nicely on the same then you face the issue.

You can try checking the tray, see that it is closed tightly. If it is loose then it wonít work well. Keep using the same until is working. I am quite sure your optical drive will stop working after little usage.

Re: Clicking noise on Dell laptop DVD drive

I got my desktop drive damage in the same way. It was working well but somehow the noise keeps on rising up. The drive they completely stopped working. From software end there is nothing you can do. Atlast I bought an external DVD drive which is a lot better option to use. It does not make any kind of sound and spin silently. You can try cleaning the internal stuff. That's all you can do. You can try to check the tray if it is not loose when you close it. Just push it hard inside.