Thread: How to set new router as default access point

How to set new router as default access point

I have a belkin router that I am using from long time. It is giving out very slow speed. I want to use a second router here to make it as my default access point for portable devices. I want to know how I can do that. I am not sure about the internet settings much.

Last time all settings were done the ISP guy who came and setup the modem router both. But now I want to change that. I got a new Dlink router that has better bandwidth and dual antenna support. How to easily fix this on the network.

Re: How to set new router as default access point

To use the new one you will have to remove the old router. At a time you can use only one among them. And you don't have to worry about the settings much here. Most of the router comes with ready to use setup wizard. You can run that through the dlink installation cd. Just insert that cd in your pc and follow the screen instructions. It will ask you to do thing and do that one by one and the router will start working. Once connected you have to remove the old one and keep it aside. Use the new one with good speed.

Re: How to set new router as default access point

The setup is not a complicated task. You already have the belkin router which has all the required settings. So if the new one fails to work then you can still use the old router and turn on your internet. Most of the time the setup disc does the job.

It pull the settings from there modem and turn on the internet. You just have to add a password in the router so that the wifi remain secured. If the router asks you for username/password then you have to contact your ISP for the same.