Thread: How accurate is Android Device Manager in locating a lost phone

How accurate is Android Device Manager in locating a lost phone

Android Device Manager is by Google and I had enabled this program in my tablet pc. I had lost one phone last week in which it was disabled. I want to know how accurate it is. My friend just recently forgot his phone at his uncles house. In Android Device all we can get is the location. That's it. Later on he picked the phone.

I want to know more about its accuracy. Like anyone we can get the data back or we can locate the phone. What if some formats the device? It will work still.

Re: How accurate is Android Device Manager in locating a lost phone

Not it will not. Once the device is formatted you are going to loose everything. It is very hard to locate a phone when it comes to tracking. There are many third party programs. But they also work on the same way. Till the time the phone is one the device can be tracked through gps. And when the person switch off the gps and internet then it is gone. And if he flash the rom with custom, then also it is gone. So I do not think this locater tools are actually accurate. They just consume your phone data and battery.

Re: How accurate is Android Device Manager in locating a lost phone

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I want to know more about its accuracy. Like anyone we can get the data back or we can locate the phone. What if some formats the device? It will work still.
    I am using Android Device Manager. I will not say that this one is 100% perfect but you have something. If you instantly lost your phone and you have a pc near you, then you can try to locate the same. It is good to test some other programs also.

On Google Play you can find ample of them. But it is for sure that none of them guarantee you 100% location of the phone you had lost. My friend was having a paid service about locating phone. When the phone was lost we call the company and they said they are unable to locate as device is formatted.