Thread: Oplus XonPhone 5 with 5 inch HD display and Kitkat 4.4 launched for Rs. 7,999

Respected Members

Oplus XonPhone 5 with 5 inch HD display and Kitkat 4.4 launched for Rs. 7,999

Oplus is a Android Smartphone and Tablet manufacturer from Taiwan. Oplus launched its first Tablet last year named Oplus XonPad 7. It showed some good reception at the Indian Market as it was launched here. After sales service was good, not bad and it was a also a voice calling Tablet.

Following the success company has launched their first smartphone which is named as the XonPhone 5. It is the first smartphone by the company so may be the customers would not keep a good hope for the phone for being a good one. But with the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS the phone is going to keep the pace with other market competitors. XonPhone 5 has a 5 inch HD display and a Mediatek processor which is clocked at 1.3Ghz. The same SoC also has the Mali 400 GPU which is quite a performing chip for gaming.

There is a 8.0 Megapixel camera on the back and on the front it has a 2.0 MP camera for video calls. The Oplus XonPhone 5 comes with 1GB of RAM for faster multitasking and it also has 16GB internal storage which usually mid - high range phones have. The memory can also be upgraded with the help of the microSD card. Last but not least The Battery, yes it is important to have a good battery so that the device can last atleast a day on medium usage.

Last time when Oplus XonPad 7 was launched it was only available via Snapdeal, so this time also XonPhone 5 is available via snapdeal itself at the price of Rs. 7,999

Respected Members

Re: Oplus XonPhone 5 with 5 inch HD display and Kitkat 4.4 launched for Rs. 7,999

List of specification for Oplus XonPhone 5:

• Android 4.4 KitKat Operating System
    • Dual SIM support for micro SIM & mini SIM
    • 5 inch HD IPS OGS touch screen display
    • 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
    • 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 8 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash
    • 2 Megapixel front-facing camera
    • 16GB internal memory, expandable upto 32GB using MicroSD card
    • 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
    • 2000 mAh battery

Re: Oplus XonPhone 5 with 5 inch HD display and Kitkat 4.4 launched for Rs. 7,999

Good product but pathetic service....

I purchased Oplus Xon Pad 7 on 3rd March 2014. All was well... excellent service by Snapdeal... brilliant product performed exceptionally well for the price paid. Had some charging issues around May or June (I do not exactly remember) logged a complaint with Oplus and they got the tablet collected and were returned with a week. (In fact I was impressed with the service).

Now around 1 week of August I started facing issues with the touch screen and also the battery life. I called Oplus was unable to connect. I filed an on line complaint at Oplus website. Shortly received an email that the tablet will be collected on 12th August 2014 and it was promptly collected by Blue Dart the same evening.

Ever since, I have not heard anything from Oplus. I have made end number of calls and they tell me they'll get back to me... but to no avail.

I am struck with what seemed to be good product... and pathetic service. The worst part is now if you call there support the waiting time is anywhere between 5 to 18 minutes before you can speak to an executive and then too line drops quite often... so you have to start all over again.

I'll update this depending on the feedback received... I am still trying to call them while writing this...

BUYERS BEWARE...

Thank you very much for useful feedback and Review, bro. It will surely help several users.