Thread: Lots of photos corrupted on Canvas 2

Lots of photos corrupted on Canvas 2

I am using Micromax Canvas 2. I had used the phone to take some pictures recently. Before that I was continuously getting memory card damage message. I formatted the card on my pc and then it worked. I was able to move files in that. But suddenly around 40 pictures in are corrupt. Some are completely black while some are partial grey.

Is there a way to recovery those images? I had tried checking out the same through camera settings and also through some third party apps. But none of them work.

Re: Lots of photos corrupted on Canvas 2

The fault is not with the phone. It is with the memory card. When you take pictures, the camera app write image data on the card. If the card is not proper then complete image is not produced. First try to change the default storage to internal. Buy a good memory card. You cannot recover those images. They are not properly created due to which you are having the issue. You have to replace your card at once or else your more data can also get damage. You can buy a 8GB card which are cheaper now a days.

Re: Lots of photos corrupted on Canvas 2

Quote Originally Posted by fantom View Post
    Is there a way to recovery those images? I had tried checking out the same through camera settings and also through some third party apps. But none of them work.
    It is very hard to recover those files. I had tried once. If you had deleted photos then there are tools through which you can recovery them. But if files are not properly generated then no tool can complete them. They can remain damage. You can try restarting your phone first. Do not remove the sd card from the phone.

Backup your important data and full factory restore. At the time of restoration you will get a option Erase SD Card. Remove the tick from it. This will preserve photos. After restart go in the gallery and check.