Thread: Slow file transfer on USB 3.0 pen drive connected on Airport Extreme

Slow file transfer on USB 3.0 pen drive connected on Airport Extreme

I had connected a 64GB USB 3.0 pen drive on Airport Extreme. The file transfer speed on that is very slow. There are few hd videos and files on that. I found the drive in my network and I copied the file from that to my desktop. It is very slow. Airport Extreme should work really fast.

I can guess this speed can be around 3mb/s. It takes hours to take files from the usb drive. I thought this would be easy for me to share files at my home. But this thing is slow and it is better to move that manually directly from the usb.

Re: Slow file transfer on USB 3.0 pen drive connected on Airport Extreme

Many are facing that problem in Airport Extreme. It is hard to find why. The only solution that I can get around web for that is firmware update. That's it. What if the firmware is already updated and still airport extreme is not able to stream file fast. For a tiny work around there is one thing I will recommend you to check. See the radio mode. This must be set on automatic to get maximum performance. You can make changes in that through your Mac settings using the airport extreme application.

Re: Slow file transfer on USB 3.0 pen drive connected on Airport Extreme

You have to update the firmware of Airport Extreme to fix the issue. You can find that on the official site. Second also update the firmware of your router or switch whatever you are using for the connection. Then test back. Just once go in the settings and find out if there is any kind of limit set for airport extreme to move the files.

Without improper firmware the file transfer speed will be really slow and you cannot do much on that. Just try to reset everything once and test back. There can be some issue in the settings part.