Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to locate and delete duplicate pictures on Macbook Air

How to locate and delete duplicate pictures on Macbook Air

I had copied around 300+ pictures from a external hard drive. I have kept that as backup. There are different folders and some of them are double. I do not want to waste my time manually copy pasting them. I want some option through which I can simply get rid of the same through one click. Cleaning duplicate pictures is the primary task for me. And then I will go ahead sorting out. I will remove all those photos which are not required and keep the hd ones. Does Mac has any software in it which can find and delete duplicate pictures.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: How to locate and delete duplicate pictures on Macbook Air

You can use a duplicate file finder software for that. Most of the software are going to compare the same through file names and they will automatically delete all those files which are having the same kind of name. There are many like this. Easy Duplicate File Finder is a similar software.

You can download and run this tool. And it will automatically find and delete the files. It is fast and easy to use. You can try this but it is good if you can keep the backup with you. So that if some files are deleted accidentally you can get them back from backup.

For images you need a software that can work with pictures. You cannot just use any software. And the above one is recommended for files only. Try using ShootShifter. This tool is more advance and it scans in much details. It goes in the file description to get details about date and resolution and on that basis it will remove the duplicate picture.

Even if a photo has separate name, this tool can identify whether they are single image or not. You can use it and it is capable of cleaning your pc at faster rate. Just try this.

Quote Originally Posted by needy View Post
    I had copied around 300+ pictures from a external hard drive. I have kept that as backup. There are different folders and some of them are double. I do not want to waste my time manually copy pasting them. I want some option through which I can simply get rid of the same through one click. Cleaning duplicate pictures is the primary task for me. And then I will go ahead sorting out. I will remove all those photos which are not required and keep the hd ones. Does Mac has any software in it which can find and delete duplicate pictures.
    Hi, I was looking for something to manage all my clicked pictures on my Mac (which I had too much). I came across an amazing duplicate photos cleaner which even brings up the similar photos. You can try it from here:

DuplicateFilesDeleter is a simple, but effective tool to locate duplicate files in one or more selected search paths. It scans the files and compares them based on Byte for Byte Comparison, which ensures 100% accuracy. You can then choose to delete the selected duplicate or original files. The program is multi-threaded and performs scans quickly.