Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: No audio on dual boot Mac pc with Windows 7

No audio on dual boot Mac pc with Windows 7

I had dual booted Mac system with Windows 7. At one side I am having MAC OS X Lion while on the other I am having Windows 7. I had used Disk Utility to create a 50GB of space for Windows. It was crashing constantly on boot, but somehow it worked.

But I am not able to get any audio for the same. I had tried looking on web but it is hard to find the right drivers. I have to somehow fix the video and audio thing. I had contacted apple care on email and they said they are not having any support for windows.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: No audio on dual boot Mac pc with Windows 7

You just messed up with your system. It is very hard to find the right windows drivers on a Mac system. A Mac pc is having quiet different hardware. And the manufacturer which is Apple itself does not provide you any official drivers for windows. That is why it fails to work. You can try contacting apple care once again if you want.

They might charge you for the drivers thing and I hope that is going to work. While on no other place you can get proper drivers. Check the wifi, and other things also in Device Manager.

Re: No audio on dual boot Mac pc with Windows 7

If you are connected to internet atleast, you can't try locating a few drivers through windows update. Most probably you will get the vga drivers through that. If macbook has a realtek chip in it then you can also get the audio drivers. Instead of using a dual boot system the most safest way is using a virtual partition. You can use any available good virtualization software that can help you to install windows in virtual mode without messing with the internal storage space. And in this almost all hardware works.