Thread: When do you really need a VRAM in Gaming

When do you really need a VRAM in Gaming

I am bit confuse about using vram. I am not able to figure out the actual role of the same. What is it and when it is needed the most. I had seen a major difference in vram when it comes to graphic card. Like some are having a good one while some brings out average specification.

I can spend a bit less money on buying a low end card. In that I can still play some games on lowest resolution. I do not think of going for a costly one as my old one has died and there is no replacement for that.

Re: When do you really need a VRAM in Gaming

Here vram requirement is based on the frame buffer. The larger it is the more amount of memory you need to make things go smoothly.

To get better frame buffer you need three settings to turned on always and you might to keep them on high. They are high resolution, anti aliasing and texture control. Or else the game quality will not be great.

If you have more vram then you will get high frame rate and the game output will be good. Or else you will get a poor output. Your game will work slow and you won't enjoy your gaming.

Re: When do you really need a VRAM in Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by CoD View Post
    I am bit confuse about using vram. I am not able to figure out the actual role of the same. What is it and when it is needed the most. I had seen a major difference in vram when it comes to graphic card. Like some are having a good one while some brings out average specification.
    When it comes to performance then you must keep the money thing aside. And when it comes to budget then you must not expect much about performance.

For a game to work smooth you need a good amount of video memory. Or else things won't work as expected. If you had already decided to work on low resolution then it is better to go with low any average card and always keep your settings to minimum. You might not enjoy the gaming output but still it will work without crashing.