Thread: How to get Windows 7 Start Menu and Shutdown button in windows 8.1

How to get Windows 7 Start Menu and Shutdown button in windows 8.1

After coming on Windows 8.1 its a bit complicated to get use to the new interface. I am trying to get the old start menu and shutdown button back. Because that was ultra fast. Through start menu you can instantly launch any program and through shutdown button you can turn off the system. It takes a long time to go on the charm bar and then to click on the power off button. I hope there can be simple way through which I can instantly add the start menu button on the desktop screen.

Re: How to get Windows 7 Start Menu and Shutdown button in windows 8.1

For start menu I can help you. It is easy to get a start menu back but it will be not like the original one. You can install StartIsBack application in your system. This app is going to bring the regular start menu back from where you can access almost all installed applications in the PC.

It also has a shutdown button on the same. It looks very much similar to Windows 7 start menu. Just install this and test back. I am quite sure you won't need anything else. There are many other start many applications available.

Re: How to get Windows 7 Start Menu and Shutdown button in windows 8.1

If you need a bit advance start menu then you can go with Pokki. This is a free application and it brings out a new type of start menu on Windows 8. You can download it from the attachment below. I like the interface. You have different options here you use. You can pin shortcuts of your most used programs directly on the menu. It has fast output.

And if you find this confusing then you can go with StartMenu8. This one is bit simple. It brings the search bar with shutdown button. You can get the list of installed applications by clicking on all program.
    Attached Files Attached Files