Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Rooting Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T

Rooting Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T

Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T features a 10inch hd screen with great features and portable design. This tablet runs on Android 4.1 operating system. Many of you might be thinking of rooting the same. Here rooting add more benefits. You can flash the rom, you can add many apps to tweak OS or simply backup your existing rom. But rooting also cause warranty issue as it is not official. If you agree then you can go ahead with the process I am going to give you today.

Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T begins a 10.1 inch LED Backlight display that gives you the maximum resolution of 1280x800. The display features a bright IPS Panel with smooth touch support. It is powered by 1.2Ghz NVIDIA Tegra3 Quad-Core processor and 1GB ram. This help to boost the application usage. The storage is around 16GB eMMC. Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T brings dual camera support. At front you have a 1.2 MP camera with Auto focus and at the back a 5 MP camera. Overall it is great tablet for various usage. Due to good hardware you can also play ample of games.

Today we are going to use the towelroot application for this. So that you can root and do a lot more with the same. The process is not very complicated but you have to take care while doing the same.

Requirements:

• Remember that being a unofficial method the process will cause warranty issue. You must go ahead on your risk.
    • It is good to start with a full backup. After rooting if the device is brick you can simply have your data safe.
    • You have to follow the process below safely. The process is being tested on Asus Memo Pad Smart 10.
    • After rooting your device will stop getting any future updates. You won't receive any new future updates.
    • Enable usb debugging from the developer options through settings.
    • Also enable installation from unknown sources. This will also any third party apk to run. For that go in Settings and tap on security. Then tap on device Administration and select Unknown Source .
    • If your phone has low battery then charge the same. Do not attempt to move ahead with that.
    • Download TowelRoot Application

Re: Rooting Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T

Rooting Process:

• Connect the tablet with your pc through original usb cable. And then copy the TowelRoot Application in the memory card of Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 ME301T.
    • Through a file manager navigate to the place where you had installed the apk file. Just tap on that and install it.
    • Once it is installed go back on the home screen and go in the app drawer.
    • Launch the application. From there you have to choose make it ra1n. Just tap on that and the rooting process will start.
    • Do not do anything till the process is over and you get a successful message at the end.
    • Once again go back in the app drawer and simply tap on SuperSu.