Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Installing Android L on Moto G, Possible?

Installing Android L on Moto G, Possible?

It is possible to install Android L on Moto G? I mean this phone also belongs to Google just like Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 for which they released Android L. Moto G is aalso decent mobile phone with good hardware. And it comes with the latest Android Kitkat operating system. Android L is a new UI that Google is going to release soon for many devices.

I want to know will it work on Moto G? I had seen a short video of Android L which was really amazing. And it is very unique. I want to get this on Moto G. After when this UI is out into he market I am quiet sure there will be ample of nice custom roms.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Installing Android L on Moto G, Possible?

If it would be possible, Google hasn't just released it for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. There are several reasons why it is not provided for other brands and models for testing. There are so many powerful high end devices available, if Android L Developer preview is not provided to them, what makes you think to get it for Moto G.

Quote Originally Posted by MartiNeau View Post
    I want to know will it work on Moto G? I had seen a short video of Android L which was really amazing. And it is very unique. I want to get this on Moto G. After when this UI is out into he market I am quiet sure there will be ample of nice custom roms.
    There is no confirmation about the same. Google has designed Android L to work with many entry level phones. While Moto G here is a mid range device which has a good hardware and is enough to run new android OS.

It was in news that once Android L is finalized it will be surely pushed on various phone through OTA updates Moto G and Moto X can be also in the list.

But we have to wait back for that. There is developer preview on the web but it is only for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

There are articles to install Android L on Nexus 5 but not for Moto G. Someone must do that. I am quite sure Moto G will work well. Because Android L is light and it does not really require a very heavy hardware support.

There can be some issue with the firmware. It will be really cool to get Android L update on Moto G. The screen size is just perfect. I am not looking for custom rom here. It is better if we can have a official ota updates. That will be more optimized to work with Moto G.