Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8 Consumer Preview Display driver problem

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Display driver problem

Hey i just needed some information.. am not a Windows 8 user yet. Few of my friends have installed Windows 8 and few of them were complaining that they are facing some display problem with their system. That is driving my mind of Windows 8.

So i just wanted to know is there any kind of Display or driver problem in windows 8?

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview Display driver problem

If you have used Windows 7, you might be knowing that it was a smart operating system that use to take all drivers inbuilt. We dint needed to install drivers for each and every thing like we need to do in Windows XP. So if W7 was such a smart OS, how could Windows 8 can give any diver problem ? So be tension free and just go for Windows 8 if you are Windows user. Even am using Windows 8 CP and dint got any such issue.

One thing to remember, If your system is running Windows 7 smoothly you will not face any kind of problem with Windows 8. ;D

I dint got any display problem yet with my Windows 8 but as your friends are saying that they have faced, than i must say that there is possibility of getting such problem. Because Windows 8 is still a BETA version though it is renamed as Consumer Preview.

These versions are made for testing so that manufacturer can fix it. So, if you are getting such problem simply send it to Microsoft.

I dont agree with you John... even am using Windows 8 but and too got the same problem.., There is yet some kind of driver issues with few people but nothing to worry as it can be solved simply,. You just need to get the fix from Windows Update. Just follow the below few steps to fix the same:

• Go to the Start screen, and type 'Windows Update' in the Search charm as shown below.

• Now click on 'Settings' in the right pane and then click on 'Install optional updates' on the left pane.
    • Now click on 'Check for Updates' from the Windows Update window to get the list of updates. Once it is done, install updates and reboot the system .

Thats it !