Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Siri on Mac OS X

How to install Siri on Mac OS X

How can I install Siri on Mac OS X? I had tested that on a ipad and it is really awesome. Now if I have a macbook then what are the possibilities of getting that. I am unable to find any solution on web.

There are few articles but those where through emulator and there was no guarantee that it will work. I want this app on my laptop. I am quite sure there are some hacks for the same.

Last time I had tried using a zombie booth app that really worked well. The app was re-designed to work with mac. I want something similar for Siri.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install Siri on Mac OS X

Siri is a great voice command apps but unfortunately I do not really think you can use that on Mac OS X. The existing voice command utility of mac is also not bad. You can try using the same. Or there are many third party program that you can try. Almost all mac version comes with integrated voice command support and they are easy to use.

You have to go in Apple menu > System Preferences and there click on Accessibility. You can configure the voice thing from here. It is much more easier than using Siri.

Re: How to install Siri on Mac OS X

You can use it. But the process is bit different here. For that you have to install Sinius in your mac pc. This app works on Mac OS 10.8 and higher. Just add that and launch it. Configure the startup settings as per your need. The default Siri voice is Samantha. You have to locate that first.

Once you are done with that you have to go in Dictation and Speech. Click on Text to Speech and choose customize. Select Samantha from there. And then go back to Sinus. Choose the voice Samantha in that also. That's it.