Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to Root Nexus 7 without Computer

How to Root Nexus 7 without Computer

I am looking for a simple rooting process for Google Nexus 7. Something that can help me to get instant root access without using a pc. There might be some way. I had tried some apps on Google play which gave me a error. There was some security bugs on the screen. I tap on install anyway but it did not worked. So there must be some way through which we can root the phone.

I want to root to install custom recovery so that I can back up the existing rom. I first tried to find non root method. That did not worked. Any help would be appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to Root Nexus 7 without Computer

Rooting is easy here. But remember once you do that you cannot restore the old condition back. It is good if you can go with other way. I am not sure about the non-pc process, but you can do that more simply through android adb.

That is a safer process and does not cause any issue. If something happens you can still restore the device back. All you have to do is configure android adb in your system and use adb commands to root the phone. And once done with that through same android adb you can backup the rom.

Re: How to Root Nexus 7 without Computer

If you wont to do that without using a pc then I can help you out. For that you have to first go in settings and tap on security. Just enable unknown sources from there. Once done download Towelroot. Install that in your device. Towelroot gives you one tap process to root the phone. Rooting add more power through which you can backup your phone data and do a lot more thing. Just install the app and then run in it. It will have a ra1n button. Tap on the same and done. Verify the root and the phone restarts. That's it. The device is rooted.