Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Android L and Google Material Design

What is Android L and Google Material Design

There is lot of buzz about Android L. What is it actually and also with that what is Google Material Design?

Google is really working on something amazing. And Android L here is something new. I want a bit detail on the same. Is it a full operating system or a some kind of mobile model or a new UI. I had seen a few images on the web that says it is a new OS. And Google is going to bring up extremely new kind of design from their Smartphone models.

Can anyone here give me some more details about the same?

Re: What is Android L and Google Material Design

Android L is all new Android Operating system. It is the next Android version where 'L' stands probably for 'Lollypop'.

One more interesting thing here is, they have completely redesigned Android in Android L. You will see next Android version like never before. Here are some screenshots of this new OS, have a look:

I request the moderators here to please post some Review or Preview of Android L.

And, Material Design is what you can see on those screenshots, box type notifications. You should better check this video to understand better what is Material Design:

Use it is a new UI. Google is going to bring out some serious changes in the android operating system. Speculation says that Android L is going to come in the new android 5.0 operating system.

Android L is going to simplify the UI more making things more amazing. This new UI gives you ripple type of touch effect. And this will be introduced in the new material design. Most of the things are not really confirmed. I am quite sure this is really going to fascinate many people.

One of the biggest plus point of Android L is its notification. It is more enhanced and more featured. And towards the customization part Android L is going to bring out many new things for the people. You can simply swipe to open relevant apps or you can turn on the not disturb mode. There are many pre-installed applications that will be helpful. Google L is going to change the android ui making things easier for people and it will boost the phone output also.

Another best thing of this new OS is its Keyboard. A completely new, feature packed and enhanced keyboard. As Google has already Released Developer Preview of Android L, a guy has extracted the keyboard and created an APK for all Android phones. If you want you can download Android L Keyboard for your phone as well, any morel.

See this:

Quote Originally Posted by HindusTaani View Post
    Another best thing of this new OS is its Keyboard. A completely new, feature packed and enhanced keyboard. As Google has already Released Developer Preview of Android L, a guy has extracted the keyboard and created an APK for all Android phones. If you want you can download Android L Keyboard for your phone as well, any morel.
    This seems very interesting. Thanks for sharing dude. I will install this on my LG G2 as well.

Hey HinduTaani, thanks for sharing that keyboard APK. Here is something more interesting. I just made my Xperia Z1 look like Android L phone, Although it is not any Nexus device. Guess how? Just by installing a theme.

Yeah, a guy has ported Android L Theme and created APK file which dont requires any rooting. Just install it like other apk files but only limitation is, it is only available latest Xperia smartphones. If any of you guys having Xperia, you should download Android L Theme. Appears very good.

This time Google looks to be more competitive with its upcoming new stuff. I want bit information on the same. This is surely going to come in the new Android 5.0 update. I hope the update will be provided on old phones also and they will not be restricted to new hardware. Google L looks like a great ui for the device. What about this Material Design.

I am not sure whether it is a part of Android 5.0 or it is something entirely a new kind of operating system. Android L is going to be released which comes with more productivity output.

Google has unveiled its features in its conference. This phone is simply making your work easier. It will give you more relevant applications on your phone screen so that you don't have to look for the enhancement so that you can get long hours of usage.