Thread: No Nokia X 2.0 platform update for Nokia X, X+ and XL phones

No Nokia X 2.0 platform update for Nokia X, X+ and XL phones

As a Nokia XL user, i am very depressed with the announcement made by Microsoft and Nokia. Did you guys read the news that says there will be no Nokia X 2.0 platform update release for earlier Nokia's Android phones that includes all three Nokia X, X+ and XL. Why they cannot release this update for those devices? Have they become outdated in just couple of months of release?

It would have been better if Microsoft or Nokia can consider us as well for that Firmware update.

Re: No Nokia X 2.0 platform update for Nokia X, X+ and XL phones

Yeah. I have read the news, and found it really very unfortunate. I mean how can they count those devices outdated in just three months after release?

I have seen the new Nokia X2 with 2.0 platform update. It is too good. Infact the UI makes all these phones very similar to Lumia devices.. Even there are many features that seems like they are Windows phones. I wish they can offer this update for X,X+ and XL also.

Super Moderator

Re: No Nokia X 2.0 platform update for Nokia X, X+ and XL phones

Neither they have counted those devices as Outdated, nor it is strategy to boost the sales of Nokia X2. In fact there are some genuine reasons that dont allow them to release X 2.0 Platform update for earlier X series devices. And that is their hardware compatibility issues. You might be aware that there are many such updates (whether it is iOS, Android or Windows) that wont fit compatible with hardware of earlier devices. Same thing is here also.

Here is the official statement from Nokia, you must read it:
    Because of the necessary hardware upgrades, the Nokia X software platform 2.0 won’t be available on Nokia X, Nokia X+ or Nokia XL. However, more updates will be coming to further improve the experience of those devices in the coming months.