Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to add Indian accent in Google Now voice

How to add Indian accent in Google Now voice

Hello and hi to all members here. I'm new to this place and looking for a small help.

I'm using a Galaxy S4, sometimes use Google Now as well for searching or getting quick access to few apps. But most of the times Google wont recognizes my voice. may because the accent. As we know they are all programed to understand US accent.

So, i wanted to know if there is any place from where i can set Google now to understand Indian accent ? Or if there is anything like i can download language and install in my S4 so that Google understands my voice? Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to add Indian accent in Google Now voice

You are correct at one thing, all these devices and programs are are programed to understand US or UK accent but you can change it any time from settings. Now coming to your actual problem, you dont need to download any language for your phone to make it understand because Google has already released an update for Google Now in which they have already added Indian Accent particularly. Which means, Google Now can understand your voice/language and give you proper results. Try it.

Thanks for your reply. That sounds really good however, i'm still facing the same problem? Are you sure Google has released the update in India also?

Quote Originally Posted by IndUser View Post
    Thanks for your reply. That sounds really good however, i'm still facing the same problem? Are you sure Google has released the update in India also?
    Yes, the update has been released but the reason why you are facing the problem still, is because you need to change the default voice language to Indian Accent. You can do this by opening voice search, press menu key and tap on Settings. Now tap on Voice > Language > English > and select English (India).

That's it. Now go back and start speaking to search.