Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Not able to play word with friend with FB friends on Tablet

Not able to play word with friend with FB friends on Tablet

I have the app installed both on my Android Motorola Droid phone and also my Android Toshiba Thrive Tablet. But on my phone it gives me an option to play with my Facebook Friends, but it doesn't give me that option on my tablet. Why is that?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Not able to play word with friend with FB friends on Tablet

You can only be logged into Facebook Connect on one device for each account. Hope this answers it for you.

I have a Facebook issue. Iím trying to link my phone games to my Facebook words with friends, but i canít figure out how to get to the option to do that. Can you help? Thank You

You need to be logged into Facebook Connect on your phone first, and then add the Words with Friends application on Facebook, and there will be an option to connect the accounts

I've been playing Words with Friends on the Droid, and had other WwF games going through Facebook. I synced through my phone a couple of days ago, and all of the phone games show up on both the phone and Facebook just fine, but all of my previous Facebook games are gone. My friends are waiting for me to make my move!

I get notifications from Facebook via email when people comment on my status-but now I get them every single time someone starts a new WWF game with me, even if they are not my Facebook friend (I have some random opponent games going). Is there a way to stop getting the WWF notification emails? I looked on Facebook and my phone I couldn't find an opt out for those kinds of notifications. I do, however, want to keep my phone notifications when people play-will I have to opt out of notifications all together?

I just started playing the Facebook version, and I keep getting a popup that says 'required' settings have been turned off. I do not want ANY game posting activity to my wall announcing to the world that I'm playing a game, so I always turn off "Post to my wall" in permissions. This is NOT a required setting, as evidenced by the 'remove' option in my security settings.

Now, every time I want to play the game, it pops up an "Allow/Don't Allow" dialog before launching the game, then when the game loads, it pops up a bogus "some required settings have changed" message, which I then have to click so that it can pop up the bloody "Allow/Don't Allow" dialog AGAIN. I want to play the game, but I don't want to have it post to my wall without my permission, and I don't want to have to dismiss three separate warnings about the same annoying privacy settings.

Do I just have to not play the game? ...or does it behave better on the iPhone?