Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nonexistent words in Zynga Words with Friend on Mobile

Nonexistent words in Zynga Words with Friend on Mobile

Just played a game and resigned as there was no point going on, my opponent had words like "rudiaesanezefu" and "weigduce"and "toilsdhs" how is this possible? We are playing the English version yes?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Nonexistent words in Zynga Words with Friend on Mobile

My opponent used "ef" which is an abbreviation, to construct another word. now, if nouns can't be used, then neither should abbreviations. Ridiculous.

And then i get all the letters for "Hawaii” and it will not take it! This is ridiculous! Going back to the real scrabble! At least there is a dictionary, and words that exist can be used! As usual, Zynga has gone off half cocked, and come up with a half baked idea! Put it back in the oven guys. You are way out of yr league!

My opponent used "ef" which is an abbreviation, to construct another word. now, if nouns can't be used, then neither should abbreviations. Ridiculous.
    EF is and always has been an acceptable word, both in the SOWPODS and TWA scrabble dictionaries. It is how you spell the sound of the letter F.

And then i get all the letters for "Hawaii” and it will not take it! This is ridiculous! Going back to the real scrabble!
    Hawaii is not and never has been allowed under scrabble rules as it is a proper noun.

That's really the challenge when you take on a game like this. You can't play (to win or at least have half a chance) without using a dictionary & for a lot of people doing that doesn't really make sense & for me takes the enjoyment out of it.

I got about 5 or 6 moves into my first game and realized that my opponent had to be using a dictionary as they were taking ages to respond and while most of the words were "acceptable", you'd never hear them used in "intelligent" conversation. In the final case before I "resigned" for the game & for good, a four letter word was added down the side of a six or seven letter word I'd made creating an additional 4 two letter "words".

No offence to you in particular, but I have been playing scrabble and its variations online now for 15 years. It never ceases to amuse me when people say, "you have played some words that I don't recognize, and therefore you must be cheating." I have gained a massive vocabulary of words that I just don't use in every day conversation.

A lot of them I don't know the meaning of, I could look it up, but to me they are just "scrabble words". QOPH, QANAT, JEZAIL, ZOEAE, URAEI, AUREI. All words I would never use every day, but I know that they are acceptable words because I have had them used against me in the past. Apparently having a good memory and a knack for word puzzles makes me a cheater.

Well so be it. LOL I relish playing against people who use programs to come up with obscure words, makes it more challenging. Not sure if many will get the reference but kind of like playing some of the higher level bots on ISC. Just learn to accept that it's possible, just possible that some of the players out there are actually quite good at the game.