Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update coming soon for Motorola Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini

Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update coming soon for Motorola Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini

Motorola appears to be rocking when it comes to Kitkat updates. Recently they released Android 4.4.3 kitkat updates for Moto X, Moto G and the most recent Moto E. What about the earlier ones, like Droid series ? Well Motorola earlier said all these three devices will be upgraded directly to Kitkat 4.4.3 but now, they have skipped the updated and have started working on latest version, i.e. Kitkat 4.4.4.

So, users who are having Droid Mini, Maxx and Ultra will have to wait for some more time to get their devices updated to Kitkat version. Although it is getting late, but you will get better thing.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update coming soon for Motorola Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini

As a Droid Ultra user, i was supposed to be getting kitkat in this month itself. Now they have again delayed, why? I think Kitkat 4.4.4 is just a new rumor from them for delaying the update.

Seems like Moto X, G and E are the only devices they are concerned.

Re: Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update coming soon for Motorola Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    As a Droid Ultra user, i was supposed to be getting kitkat in this month itself. Now they have again delayed, why? I think Kitkat 4.4.4 is just a new rumor from them for delaying the update.

Seems like Moto X, G and E are the only devices they are concerned.
    No dude, you are completely wrong. They are also concerned, for Droid series and are truly working for the latest version. There is a reason for this.

Kitkat 4.4.3 was scheduled for Droid this month but as you know, there was recently a OpenSSL security flaw in 4.4.3, and Google fixed it in the stock 4.4.4 update, hence motorola skipped 4.4.3 and started working on 4.4.4 so that you get the best security on your mobile, without any vulnerability.

Really? So many more months to get the Kitkat update?

Here is an official statement made by David Schuster on G+ regarding the same:
    We should be re-entering labs next week and hopefully getting TA (technical approval) for Kitkat 4.4.4 in 3 to 5 weeks later depending on the carrier.
    Which means they will roll out Android 4.4.4 Update for Motorola Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini somewhere in August 2014.