Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8.1 not accepting OEM key, please help

Windows 8.1 not accepting OEM key, please help

Hey guys, require an urgent attention. I am stuck with activating my Windows 8.1. I had formatted my pc and installed Windows 8.1 back. I got the oem version from a third party site. The version match with my pc. I did not get any cd for the same and windows was pre-installed. Due to virus issue I formatted and used the same OEM. But after that windows is unable to identify my license key.

I want a bit help in fixing the issue. I had paid for the license and now it remains undetected.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows 8.1 not accepting OEM key, please help

Well there are chances that you are not using the exactly same version. OEM setup are different compared to what you do through a CD. Now here you have to call Microsoft and tell them about your issue. The customer support will guide you for the installation work.

And then you can re-activate your windows back again. OEM based pc have the serial key stored in the bios and they are activated online automatically. If that fails then you can activate that through phone.

Re: Windows 8.1 not accepting OEM key, please help

Whenever you buy a new pc with OEM windows in the same the first thing you must do is make a backup of entire system through a image tool.

You can find ample of image tool that can help you to clone your entire hard drive. Through which you can restore the same instantly whenever needed and make your system as it was before.

Or always use the factory restore option that comes in the system pre-configured.